The Warner Grand Theatre
The Warner Grand Theatre
The Warner Grand Theatre is owned and operated by the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs. Grand Vision has a Memorandum of Understanding to act as its official Friend’s Group. As the Friends, we assist the theater with advocacy, a corps of trained volunteers, restoration projects and the marketing of its events.
A beloved community landmark, the Warner Grand Theatre is an anchor of the San Pedro Arts District. It opened in 1931 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Organizations and independent producers regularly hosts films, concerts and youth performances here. Many stars have filmed or performed here including The Ramones, Jackson Browne, Leonardo DiCaprio, Angela Bassett, Ben Affleck, Steve Martin, George Carlin, Madonna, Dennis Rodman, The Goo Goo Dolls and more. Click here to read more about the theatre.
Contact the event organizer for questions concerning specific events.
Ticketing & Patron Policy
- The Warner Grand Theatre is owned and operated by the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs. They set all policies for renters and individual event organizers, including Covid-19 safety measures.
- Events are produced by independent organizations who rent the theatre. All events, dates, times and ticket prices are determined by individual event organizers and are subject to change without notice.
- If you feel unwell or have been exposed to Covid-19, please do not come to the venue.
- Warner Grand Theatre staff reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Grand Vision Foundation is not the box office for the Warner Grand Theatre. For tickets or information, please contact individual event organizers directly.
Rent the Warner Grand Theatre
- The Warner Grand Theatre is owned and operated by the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.
Contact: Lee Sweet, Warner Grand Theatre Manager at (310) 548-2493.
- The Warner Grand Theatre is anticipated to be closed for major renovations, beginning December 2023 for several years.
The Warner Grand Theatre has seating for 1,525 patrons is split between a main floor orchestra (approximately 900 seats) and balcony (approximately 600 seats) and features a vaudeville-size proscenium stage (50′ w x 32′ h) with a T-guided fly system that is suited to presenting concerts, dance performances, multimedia presentations and film screenings.
The Warner Grand Experience
“My dad performed in so many productions (at the Theatre) that by the time I was in high school, I practically grew up on the balcony. Nothing happens without art, spirit and culture.”
“I’ve always been a big fan of art deco architecture so I was thrilled that this theatre existed. We like to help out with anything that can help downtown San Pedro grow.”